Migraines and headaches are two of the most common problems ensued by people, that people suffer from. A headache maybe throbbing and mild, which lasts a few hours, while if severe, it might last for days. Massive headaches can be the reasons of tension, emotional changes as well as excessive stress, whereas a migraine is a more complex situation, with the blood vessels of the brain enlarging to an extent where it releases chemicals from nerve fibers causing inflammation and severe pain.
Causes of Migraines
Though migraines may have some specific reasons, there might be certain points that act as triggers to the causes of migraines. These will be:
1. Hormonal Changes – This can be one important cause to a headache.
2. Eating habits – Another major trigger to a migraine is the food we consume. Tobacco, alcohol, caffeine and fermented foods are the major triggers to this.
3. Other causes – Tension, stress, work pressure and sleeping disorders can also be reasons to nausea and severe headaches.
The six most important regions to relieve headaches and migraines:
1. Forehead – Points on the face and forehead are yang pints, full of energy that move from face and head and flow downwards.
2. Third eye point – The point where the two eyebrows meet the nose is the third eye point. Applying pressure on this region will help you relieve eye strains and headaches. Apply the pressure for a minute and then move to other points.
3. Bright light – The inner corner of the eyes just below the eyebrows is the bright light section. Sinus headaches and allergy symptoms can be relieved by pressure on these points. Pressure should be applied for a minute on both sides.
4. Temple region – A chain of points that curl around the ear, in the temple region. Starting from the top of the ear these are situated just one finger width from the ear. All the points necessarily have to be worked together for effective results.
5. Face region – Both sides of the nostril are the points to this region. Pressure on these points will help you in opening up sinuses and tension headache points.
6. Shoulder Well – Halfway to the edge of the shoulder and the base of your neck this point is located. Applying any pressure on this point helps in reducing shoulder and neck stiffness, thus relieving neck pain. Asthma and spasms can also be relieved by this.